Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Get Your Munk On


I have to admit that when I first saw the preview for the new movie Alvin and the Chipmunks I was a bit skeptical. What worried me most was that these big movie studios might perhaps take something I have loved as a child and turn it into another horrible movie much that that of Garfield.

The movie stars big name actor Jason Lee, most commonly known for his roles in Kevin Smiths movies that I suggest you do not watch with your parents. I have to say the rating for Lee comes as a huge surprise to me seeing as how most of the work he does seems to be way above the PG-13 level.

Besides the normal trailers and movie posters, and I'm sure line of toys and teddy bears to follow, 20th Century Fox has released an online application that allows users to customize what they believe their chipmunk would look like, and then record audio which is then converted to sound like the chipmunks. This interesting application can then be saved and pasted on your website, which I have done below. I couldn't really think of anything interesting to say, so I'll admit that the message is somewhat dull, but the application allows for endless opportunities which unfortunately start to become bland and old after five minutes of using it.

Even though the hype for the application seems to die out quickly you have to give the marketing agency a round of applause for this interesting take on movie marketing. Creating your own chipmunk is simple and easy. Click here if you wish to give it a shot.

No comments: